Sunday 24 June 2012

Jelly Sandwich with Revlon Royal

Hi there! I hope you all had a great weekend, I really didn't do too much. It's hard to find stuff to do that doesn't involve food or drinking, I'm 15 weeks away from my competition so that means I need to be strict. So I stayed at home with my boyfriend watching movies and painting my nails, of course.  This time I did something a little bit different for me. I bought Revlon Royal a while ago because of the hype it gets on blogs, and I have to say I can see why! The colour is bright and intense and doesn't look black in low lights or inside. And the jelly finish is awesome on its own or as a sandwich. For this look I used two coats of Revlon, then a coat of Revlon Stunning, then another coat of Royal. Stunning is silver and holographic microglitter with small silver hexes. The third coat of Royal covered the holo-ness of the glitter more than I wanted, so I added China Glaze Fairy Dust sparingly over the top. The only negative thing about the polishes was that Royal wanted to run up into my cuticles, it was a little hard to control. 

The weather here is gross again, I ran out and took these pictures in the only 5 minutes of sun we've had in the last two days. Stupid Alberta weather. Excuse the tipwear too, work isn't kind to my nails.




 Blurred to show the pretty sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment