So recently I was nominated for a Liebster award, I wasn't sure what it was at first lol but I looked it up and it's an award for blogs with under 200 followers. I was nominated by Marissa from Get Polished Up! I was super touched to be nominated (I'm honestly still surprised when I see my blog gain a follower, it's so exciting to know people actually look at my posts!) and I hope you enjoy this little post. :)
First, how the Liebster Award works:
I post 11 facts about myself.
I answer the 11 questions Marissa came up with.
And then I make up 11 new questions and tag 11 other bloggers! Yay!
So here goes.
1. I love health and fitness and am a physique competitor, as a bikini athlete.
2. I have a ragdoll kitten named Oscar and I LOVE him, he is so cuddly and sweet!
3. I currently work as a waitress, but I'm certified as a personal trainer and am getting into doing that as a career. But I also kind of want to become a nail tech...
4. I'm VERY indecisive (see above!) haha.
5. I did a 2 and a half years of post secondary in Psychology, I enjoyed the subject but didn't think I liked it enough to make a career of it.
6. I've been collecting/hoarding polish just since this year and my stash is growing exponentially!
7. I lived in Saudi Arabia for 7 years when I was growing up!
8. I hate scary movies, it's not so much the scariness while I'm watching them that gets me, but later when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and my brain is like "Hey guess what, DEMONS!!" No good.
9. I love food, and while I can stick to a diet in order to reach my goals, cheat meals are a MUST to keep me sane. Baking is another hobby of mine, and Reese Peanut Butter Cups are my crack!
10. I love electronic music, specifically progressive house and electro, and going to shows and dancing is the best way to cut loose for me.
11. I have been with my fantastic boyfriend for just over a year and we recently bought a condo together.
And now Marissa's questions!
1. What is your favorite band? As far as drum and guitar type bands go, I really like alternative rock. My first ever concert was My Chemical Romance circa I'm Not OK, and I've seen most bands I've wanted to since then!
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I've always wanted to go to Australia, but I think I'd also like to go to Europe. OR just the USA to stock up on their awesome junk food (I'm lookin' at you, flavoured OREOs) and cheap polish!
3. What is your favorite nail polish of all time? I would have to say my favorite nail polish of all time would be Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal, I owned it years ago but added nail polish remover to it in my ignorance and ruined it. T.T
4. If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would it be and why? Hmmm... I feel like I should have a really cool, meaningful answer to this, but I just don't :( Let's go with my Great Grandma, she was part First Nations and I think she would have had a lot of amazing stories to share.
5. What inspired you to start your blog? I felt like owning a blog to showcase my polish collection would somehow "justify" it, and I was hoping to meet and talk to other lacquerheads!
6. Where is your favorite place to buy nail polish? I mostly buy at Winners or dusties irl, we don't have good beauty supplies like Ulta or Sally's in my part of Canada. Most of my polish comes from online though!
7. What is your favorite beauty product (besides nail polish)? Tie for mascara and blush. I wear them every single day!
8. What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie growing up was The Nightmare Before Christmas, I still watch it around Halloween.
9. Do you have any pets? Oscar the kitten!
10. What do you do as a career (or what are you planning on doing)? I answered this already!
11. What is your favorite sports team? I don't follow professional sports.
Next I have to come up with 11 questions of my own!
1. What got you into polish collecting/blogging?
2. What is your all time biggest Lemming?
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
4. What's your drink of choice? (Virgin or alcoholic!)
5. What was your favourite subject in school, and why?
6. Name your three favorite artists.
7. What was your favourite animal as a kid?
8. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
9. What TV show are you addicted to?
10. What's your favorite food?
11. What's your dream job?
And now the Nominees! Not sure I can get to 11 but I will try!
1. Saira at The Girl With The Green Nails
2. Jenn at Paperbacks and Polish
3. Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
4. Allyson, Cait, and Sarah at The Lacquer Diaries
5. The hilarious Nicole at Young Wild and Polished
6. Yulia at Vicerimus
7. Caroline at nailsapART
Those are all the blogs I personally follow with under 200 followers, they are all amazing! I hope everyone continues the award, it's really a lot of fun!