Sunday 13 May 2012

China Glaze Gothic Lolita

Purple has been a favorite color of mine as long as I can remember, especially medium purples like this one! Gothic Lolita is from the Electropop collection put out this spring. Most of the shades are creme finish, but Gothic Lolita has a subtle shimmer that really gives it something special. It's also a warm purple, it doesn't lean to the blue side.
I topped my accent fingers with a cool Color Club flakie I picked up in my recent Winners haul. Once again the bottle isn't marked, but when I did some digging I found that it is most likely Diamond Drops from the Blossoming collection. Diamond Drops is like a cross between a flakie and a glitter, it seems like it's made out of shredded plastic and it reflects a bunch of different colors! Yellow, orange, green, blue, teal! Pretty but the base is thick so you do need to place the flakes somewhat, and it dries with texture. I slopped a thick coat of Seche Vite on those fingers and it seemed to help!

This mani was a few days old by the time I photographed it, so you can kind of see where I had to cover up chips with more paint, ignore that! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment