Monday 22 October 2012

Joe Fresh Twilight

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! I hope you're all having a happy Monday anyway. If not, maybe this beauty will cheer you up. I've posted Joe Fresh polishes before, and I have to say I'm impressed with them! They're very affordable, (3 for $10?! Heck yeah!!) good quality, and the colour range is phenomenal. I don't go to Superstore much, but I always spend some time looking at all the different polishes. This one is pretty awesome because it's a FLAKIE!!! Twilight is one polish I make sure to always slip into swap packages because I think it's just so cool, and it's only available here in Canada.

Twilight has a sheer black jelly base loaded with green to orange colour shifting flakies. It does take three coats to reach opacity, but it's soooo worth it. The flakies flash green most of the time, and it makes the polish look like a gemstone! Then at certain angles, bright orange! Man it's great. I can't believe I waited so long to try this out. Because the base is sheer, it could probably be layered, but I like the depth and flakie payoff of wearing it on its own.

You ready? Yeah, you're ready!
All pics are with Nail Tek II basecoat and SV topcoat.



I'm in love.

Then, because I've heard great things about mattified flakies, I decided to throw on my matte topcoat (also Joe Fresh, hey I love a bargain!) and find out for myself.



I still like it, but I think I prefer the glossy look! I definitely will be trying more matte manicures in the future though. So what do you think? Has this steal of a deal stolen its way into your heart? Find a Canadian friend to get it to you, it's worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment