Friday 13 July 2012

Unusual Combo!

But I think it works! I have these two polishes and I didn't know what to do with either of them. One is Lickety Split Lime, from the Sally Hansen Instra Dri line. This colour I got a couple years ago, probably on a whim. I tried it then but didn't really like it, and I remember it staining badly so I hadn't reached for it since. The other is Revlon Sparkling, which is a warm-toned pink glitter. I think it is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Some Enchanted Evening. I couldn't decide what to layer Sparkling over, my pinks are mostly cool-toned so they clashed. Then I decided to try a more out-there colour combo, using my neglected Lickety Split Lime!

The formula on the Lime was good and it did indeed dry quickly. The brush in the Insta Dri line takes some getting used to though. I also liked the formula on Sparkling, it's not super thick and gooey like some glitters can be and I didn't have to work too hard to distribute the glitter. I did two coats of each polish, and doubled up on base coat to make sure I wouldn't have staining. Plus a topcoat and voila! What do you think of the combination?? One photo in sun and one in shade! 


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty glitter. the green is very nice. I also want to take the opportunity to invite you to check out my blog. I'm running a Barry M giveaway at the moment. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete