Friday 9 November 2012

The Lazy 15- Water Marble

Hey everyone! So today we have my mortal enemy the challenging technique of water marbling. Now this is something I'd seen on other blogs and thought was pretty cool, while also being like "Pfffft how hard can it be really? Put some polish in a cup and stick your finger in, I could TOTALLY do that. If I wanted to." Well I am here to tell you today that it is VERY hard really, and no I totally CANNOT do that.

This mani fought me every single step of the way, and I was very close to pulling a /ragequit and going to bed (I foolishly started this project at 11:45 pm.) However I didn't want to bail out of the challenge on the third day, so I steeled my nerves and fought on. The polish wouldn't spread. It dried too fast and wouldn't make a design. I missed getting the design on my whole nail and the white base was showing. I somehow smudged and dented my other nails in the process. My one cat decided he wanted attention and was walking huffily on my desk, dangerously close to my marbling cup. My kitten decided he wanted to torment my other cat and was clambering around my feet and trying to get close to the other cat. Oh yes my friends, it was no good.

I set out from the beginning to only do an accent nail of marbling, because let's be serious. Nail art + me= no bueno. I painted my other nails with Sally Hansen Green Tea because I haven't used it aside from Wednesday's dots. I like it except for that giant paddle brush. The "marble" (term used very very loosely) was done in China Glaze For Audrey because Green Tea wasn't pigmented enough, and with Essie In Stitches. In my first and most spectacular fail, I also tried using L'Oreal Walk on the Beach but it wouldn't spread enough. So I left it out on the second go. And this is what I got! I would try and explain it, but I don't even. Just.... Wow. On the bright side, when/if I ever get passable at water marbling, I can look back and laugh. Right? Right. With that said, here we are.



I just.... give up okay? I'm so sorry. I promise the rest of my posts won't subject your poor eyeballs to this level of fug. But everyone else's marbles are going to look really really good next to mine, so really, you should be thanking me! ;) ;) Haha! Anyway it is now 1 am, I am exhausted, and I am going to pass out on my keyboard unless I get by butt to bed! Can't wait to see everyone else's posts!

4 comments:

  1. Are you crazy?!?!? This is so beautiful! ^.^ I love the colors and the marble itself. You need to give yourself some more credit me thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out really cute! Water marbling is def a project started earlier in the day though! I always have to redo a few fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah I had to take a couple re-dos! It's definitely something I'll try again in the future though!

      Delete