Tuesday 5 February 2013

Cult Nails Coveted- February Untrieds

I'm posting this polish as part of the February Untrieds Challenge along with Amanda and Amanda!

Man oh man is this ever an awesome polish!! I have definitely joined the Cult. Coveted came out as part of the recent Behind Closed Doors collection, and as soon as I saw swatches I knew I would be ordering it.

Coveted is a beautiful emerald green jelly with shimmer and green flakes. The flakes don't have a colour shift but they add a beautiful depth to the polish. Because it is a jelly it takes three coats to reach opacity but the formula is great and so easy to control. With Emerald having been declared the Pantone 2013 colour of the year, I'm sure to be getting some use out of this baby!

I did notice some texture from the flakes even after I topped it with Wicked Fast (also my new favorite topcoat) so if you have something like Gelous I would use that overtop to smooth it out. Any stray flakies that are poking off the end of the nail can be filed smooth, and I just pushed any that were poking out by my cuticule further into the polish while it was wet so I could get a nice smooth line.




So pretty! I love green nail polish, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment