Friday 15 June 2012

OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam

Hello! :) A week or two ago I was at the mall with my boyfriend and he was sweet enough to treat me to a few nail polishes! I picked some I had been eyeing from the Holland collection OPI put out recently. The one I'm showing you today is I Don't Give a Rotterdam. The name makes me smile! I really like this colour, I didn't have much in my collection for blues. A few cremes, dark blues, a couple frosty disasters. This one is different than all of them though! It's a light, slightly greyed out blue with silvery and gold shimmer. Very pretty. I Have a Herring Problem from the same collection is quite similar, but more warm toned. I wanted a "truer" blue so I went with IDGR.
The formula was the kind I love to work with- thin enough to put where I wanted it without being so runny it flooded my cuticles. I like thinner coats because I feel like it dries better (yes even though I use quick-dry top coat). I believe I needed three coats, but once again my coats tend to be thin.
After I put it on and took a few pictures I decided I wasn't done, and added Base flakie by Up Colors. I really liked the combo in real life, but trying to take a decent picture was frustrating. My camera was pretty much like LOL, nope!!
These pictures were indoors in natural light. I think the last one may have been in dim lighting because the flakies showed more.




No comments:

Post a Comment